WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY!
This is Amy Van Liew’s first “Be Healthy Enough Community” Facebook Live
- I know deep in my heart that I am doing what I was meant to do: meld my engineering and project management experience with my passion for health and fitness to find unique ways to enlighten, inspire and empower others to lead healthy, productive lives.
A brief background about myself……
- I am 55 and a retired engineer. I worked for HP for 26 years and loved it. I still miss all of the wonderful people and the technical challenges.
- In 2012 I took an early retirement package which was the most difficult decision of my life
- The week after I left HP I started a year-long course at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition.
- Over the years I have tried every diet known to man. I did the low fat diet, counted calories, fasted, detoxed, cut out sugar, gave up wine, you name it.
- On a regular morning walk with my husband Ed, I had my “Aha” moment. It’s all about Being Health Enough!!!
- When you are over 50 getting fanatical doesn’t work because you get hurt so you have to find out what Being Healthy…Enough means to you.
Today I want to start building a Be Healthy Enough Community
- My vision is to create a partnership with you. A place where we can all learn and share with each other what “being healthy” means.
- Join the Facebook Group “Be Healthy Enough Community” today!
Let’s Talk New Year’s Resolutions
- I truly love this time of year. It’s a fresh start and a chance to dream big.
- Planning is another passion of mine or–as my husband would say–an obsession. I plan everything… it’s therapeutic!
- I do not make New Year’s Resolutions because they are just too vague. I love small actionable steps with incremental measurement!
- Here are my steps to making your dreams come true
- Step 1 – Run through the Circle of Life Exercise to figure out what area of your life you need some focus. Pick only 2-3 areas of your life you want to focus on this.
- Step 2 – Create A Vision Board
- A Vision Board is a place to capture your dreams. I write down my big goals for the area I my life I want to focus then go to google images and find images that represent these goals
- The best way to achieve your goals is to keep them top of mind, so you’re always looking for ways to move yourself closer to them.
- Don’t keep your goals to yourself! The best way to make sure you take action on your goals is to tell someone about them. Having an accountability partner is a proven way to make sure you take action.
I challenge everyone to post a picture of your Vision Board by the end of January in our Facebook community page!
- Step 3 Break these goals down into Monthly actionable steps.
- Example Get Healthier (for you that might be to – Lose 30 pounds).
- It is not realistic to lose 30 pounds in one month so you need to break this down into a monthly goal – say 5-10 pounds.
- To lose weight YOU MUST EAT DIFFERENTLY. Exercise is a must to stay strong and healthy but you can’t exercise only and expect to lose weight.
- So you Monthly goal is to EAT BETTER
- Step 4 – Break this into a weekly goal
- Good Example would be to – Cook my own meals 5 days this week or bring my own healthy lunch to work 4 days this week.
- Step 5 – Break the Weekly Goals down into Daily Goals
- Example Sunday may be to plan a menu and shop.
- Monday may be cook something in the crockpot that can be used later in the week, etc.
- EVERY DAY have 2-3 things you can get done that day that bring you closer to your Vision Board Goal
- Step 6 – CELEBRATE YOUR SUCCESSES at least Monthly or when you complete a big goal
- At the end of every month take the time to celebrate successes! Make sure that you aren’t just moving on to the next goal but really patting yourself on the back AND sharing with us the progress you made. I promise to do this with you as I really want to get better at this!
- Thank you!
- Remember to visit my website
- Remember to join the “Be Healthy Enough Community” Facebook Group
- PLEASE email me or message me with feedback! Again, this is as much my community as it is YOUR community!